Mission Critical Operations Data Center
- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Certificate: Level I (30 semester credit hours)
- Full program is offered at: South Campus
A mission critical operation:
- Depends on 24/7 operation
- Requires round-the-clock supervision of systems
- Focuses on combating threats of critical infrastructure operations failure
Demand is growing for mission critical operators who keep systems functioning and protected.
Help keep critical data centers running
Our program will prepare you to work in a wide range of positions in specific mission critical environments, operations technology, and maintenance.
The course work emphasizes analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will learn how to:
- Distinguish between mission critical and non-mission critical scenarios
- Manage security and safety in critical operations sites
- Evaluate storage architectures and key data center elements in classic, virtualized, and cloud environments
- Describe contingency plans for backup, replication, and archiving
After successfully completing our program, you will be prepared for jobs as entry-level technicians with:
- Educational systems
- Governmental agencies
Projected Job Growth
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Summary Reports for:
Discover careers based on your interests and studies: Career Coach.
Shahla Durany, Instructor, Department Chair
Updated May 22, 2019