- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Level 1 (16 semester credit hours)
- Level 2 (45 semester credit hours)
- Program is offered at these campuses:
You will learn to write computer programs—such as C++ and Java—that allow computers and software to function correctly.
You will also learn how to:
- Update and expand existing programs
- Test programs for errors
- Fix faulty lines of computer code
In addition to coursework, you may spend extensive lab time gaining hands-on training with computers.
Northeast, South, Southeast and Trinity River Campuses
Northeast, Northwest, South, Southeast and Trinity River Campuses
After successfully completing our program, you will be prepared to work as a computer programmer.
Projected Job Growth
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Discover careers based on your interests and studies: Career Coach.
Carol Merchant, Department Co-Chair
Jeff Koch, Department Co-Chair
Richard Sellers, Instructor, Department Chair
Shahla Durany, Instructor, Department Chair
James Dang, Associate Professor, Department Chair
Trinity River Campus
Tyson McMillan, Ph.D., Professor, Department Chair
Updated July 16, 2019