Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year programs (60 semester credit hours)
- Level 1 (20-23 semester credit hours)
- Level 2 (51 semester credit hours)
- Occupational Skills Award: 11 semester credit hours
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: South Campus
Our program prepares you to work on heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) technicians are continually needed to install, service and repair the air conditioning, heating and refrigeration units in our homes and industries.
We also offer a continuing education program that does not require you to enroll in credit courses.
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology: Commercial HVAC/R Technician, AAS
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology: Residential HVAC/R Technician, AAS
Occupational Skills Awards
Community & Industry Education (non-credit)
When you enroll in one of our HART Programs, you are required to furnish your own hand tools to use while you are in the program and in the field.
These tools are not required on the first day of class, which is set aside for orientation.
Get Your Tools
You can get your tools at AC Supply, which offers a discounted price for all HART students.
You are not required to purchase tools from AC Supply. It is only an option because they are the same tools our instructors use.
- Detailed by course
- Represents the discount price
- Prices subject to change
Building Technologies Department
Vivian Smith, Career & Technical Education (CTE) Support Specialist
Updated February 19, 2019