Automotive Heavy Line Technician
Quick Program Facts
- Continuing Education Certificate: 768 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 6
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: South
Our program teaches you to diagnose, adjust, repair and overhaul automotive systems.
Topics covered include:
- Clutches, standard transmissions and transaxles
- Hydraulics, automatic transmissions and transaxles
- Engine operation, diagnosis and repair
- Basic refrigeration cycle and EPA guidelines for handling refrigerant
- Tire and wheel problem diagnosis, repair and alignment
You will be prepared to be a heavy line automotive service technician / mechanic.
As a heavy line technician, you will diagnose engine problems and make the appropriate repairs. You will perform major engine, transmission and other system overhauls and repairs.
How to Apply
Get started: Registration
Updated July 25, 2019