Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Renewal
Quick Program Facts
- Occupational Skills Award: 24 in-service hours
- Number of courses: 1
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
- Certification: You will be prepared to:
- Apply for recertification with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Receive a certificate of completion once you have successfully completed your renewal course
Want to get your certification? See our Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) program.
What do Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) do?
CNAs provide basic patient care and help with the many physical and complex tasks for patient care. They work under the direction of licensed nurses.
What Is the Difference Between CNAs & Patient Care Technicians (PCTs)?
Both are collaborative members of the health care team.
- CNAs contribute by sharing the emotional connections and basic needs of the resident. Most CNAs work in long-term residential care environments.
- PCTs provide more factual data concerning the residents' vital statistics on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis. Most PCTs work in acute care settings.
You will review what it means to work as a nurse aide who provides basic care to residents of long-term facilities.
Our program emphasizes effective interaction with members of the health care team, restorative services, mental health, and social services.
Learn in the Classroom & Online
The curriculum will reinforce what you learned for your original certification process.
- 3 face-to-face sessions: learn the content
- 3 online interactions: practice the content
- 6–10 days: complete all 6 sessions
Want to Continue Your Studies?
After completing our CNA recertification course and working in the field, you may be interested in a credit certificate or degree.
Explore our credit options:
Eligibility Requirements & Prerequisites
You must already have a CNA license and be employed as a CNA.
Want more information about the renewal process? See Texas Health and Human Services: Nurse Aide Registry.
How to Apply
Contact Varnessa Dorsey at email@example.com to confirm your eligibility for the recertification course.
Register for class after Varnessa Dorsey has approved you for the course.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated December 15, 2021