Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Course & Exam
Quick Course Facts
- Dates & Times (on this page): 2021 Course Schedule
- Accreditation: Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE)
- Admission: open enrollment for dental assistants & dental hygienists
- Cost: $125
- Location: online
- Type of Instruction: online instruction
- Certification(s): 8 hours of preparation for TSBDE certification
Our course is specifically designed to prepare you to earn certification in nitrous oxide monitoring as mandated by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE).
You will review the general guidelines and industry standards for nitrous oxide-oxygen conscious sedation.
After completing the course, you will take the credentialing examination. If you do not achieve the minimum competency of 70 percent, you will be required to retake the entire course and exam.
Course You Will Take
- DNTA-2000 Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Course & Exam
2021 Online Class Dates
- October 18–22
- Section: DNTA-2000-20003
- November 15–19
- Section: DNTA-2000-20005
View class availability
- Login to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Course Catalog module.
- Select the Advanced Search tab.
- Select the appropriate term (example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May).
- Choose a Subject from the pull-down menu and click submit.
- Under each course listed will be a link that says View Available Sections. Click on that link to find a list of sections for your selected subject/course.
Certification in Detail
After you complete the course and earn a minimum passing score of 70 percent on the examination, you must complete and submit the required application with the TSBDE to become certified in nitrous oxide monitoring.
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Online Course Only—Take Online Readiness Assessment
- Take this assessment to see if online learning is right for you.
- Wait 24 hours after you receive your eligible scores to register for your course.
- Register for Your Class
- Select the section number for the date you want to take the course.
- Pay for Your Course
- Verify Your Registration
- Log in to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Student Account module.
- Select the term/quarter from Account Summary page.
- Select View Statement to verify your schedule and payment
- Online Course Only—Test Your Course Access in Canvas
- Log in to Canvas 1 business day before your course begins to verify your access.
- Call Tech 24/7 at 817-515-8324 if you have problems.
If you cannot attend class, you must drop the course by logging into MyTCCTrack and selecting Student Planning or contact the Admissions & Registrar Office before the start of the course for a full refund.
No refunds will be issued after the course starts.
Call Laurie Semple at 817-515-6151.
Health Sciences Department
Visit NHSC, Room 1131
Updated September 20, 2021