Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Course & Exam
Quick Course Facts
- Dates & Times (on this page): 2020 Course Schedule
- Accreditation: Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE)
- Admission: open enrollment for dental assistants and dental hygienists
- Cost: $125
- Location(s): Northeast or online
- Type(s) of Instruction: classroom lecture or online instruction
- Certification(s): 8 hours of preparation for TSBDE certification
Our course is specifically designed to prepare you to earn certification in nitrous oxide monitoring as mandated by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE).
You will review the general guidelines and industry standards for nitrous oxide-oxygen conscious sedation.
After completing the course, you will take the credentialing examination. If you do not achieve the minimum competency of 70 percent, you will be required to retake the entire course and exam.
We will send you the required Study Guide via your myTCC email 1 week before the first day of on-site classes.
- Dates: TBN
- Dates: Monday, November 16–Friday, November 20
Certification in Detail
After you complete the course and earn a minimum passing score of 70 percent on the examination, you must complete and submit the required application with the TSBDE to become certified in nitrous oxide monitoring.
Course You Will Take
- DNTA-2000 Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Course & Exam
Check course availability
Go to Course Sections Offered by Term in WebAdvisor and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Online Course Only—Take Online Readiness Assessment
- Take this assessment to see if online learning is right for you.
- Wait 24 hours after you receive your eligible scores to register for your course.
- Register for Your Class
- Select the section number for the date you want to take the course.
- Pay for Your Course
- Verify Your Registration
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select Schedule and Statement under Business Services
- Choose the term of your course to see your schedule
- Online Course Only—Test Your Course Access in myTCC
- Log in to myTCC 1 business day before your course begins to verify your access.
- Call Tech 24/7 at 817-515-8324 if you have problems.
If you cannot attend class, you must drop the course on WebAdvisor or contact the Admissions & Registrar Office before the start of the course for a full refund.
No refunds will be issued after the course starts.
Call Laurie Semple at 817-515-6151 or 817-515-6995.
Office of Workforce Programs
Laurie Semple, Registered Dental Assistant Program Coordinator
Updated October 26, 2020