Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) Course & Exam
We are not currently offering the online RDA Course & Exam course.
Please check this page for updates or contact us if you have questions.
In the meantime, see the Texas State Board of Examiners for other course options.
Quick Course Facts
- Accreditation: Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE)
- Admission: open enrollment for current or perspective dental assistants who need to be TSBDE registered
- Online Exam Course: $170
- Online Retest Exam: $35
- Location: online
- Type of Instruction: online instruction
- Certification(s): 16 hours of preparation for TSBDE certification
Our RDA course is specifically designed to prepare you to earn the Registered Dental Assistant credential as mandated by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE).
You will engage in a comprehensive review of the general guidelines and industry standards for radiology, infection control, and jurisprudence.
After completing the course, you will take the credentialing examination. If you do not achieve the minimum competency of 70 percent, you will be required to retake the exam portion, which is administered online only. Up to 2 retests are allowed before you have to repeat the entire course and exam.
Certification in Detail
After you complete the course and earn a minimum passing score of 70 percent on the examination, you must complete and submit the required application with the TSBDE to receive the TSBDE credential of Registered Dental Assistant.
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Online Course Only—Take Online Readiness Assessment
- Take this assessment to see if online learning is right for you.
- Wait 24 hours after you receive your eligible scores to register for your course.
- Register for Your Class
- Select the section number for the date you want to take the course.
- Pay for Your Course
- Verify Your Registration
- Log in to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Student Account module.
- Select the term/quarter from Account Summary page.
- Select View Statement to verify your schedule and payment.
- Online Course Only—Test Your Course Access in Canvas
- Log in to Canvas 1 business day before your course begins to verify your access
- Call Tech 24/7 at 817-515-8324 if you have problems
If you cannot attend class, you must drop the course by logging into MyTCCTrack and selecting Student Planning or contact the Admissions & Registrar Office before the start of the course for a full refund.
No refunds will be issued after the course starts.
Call Laurie Semple at 817-515-6151.
Health Sciences Department
Visit NHSC, Room 1131
Updated April 22, 2022