EPA Recovery Certification (HVAC)
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 8
- Times offered: once a month
- Fall & spring: 3rd Friday of the month (August–May)
- Summer: 3rd Thursday of June & July
- Accreditation: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Cost: $125
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom with exam on computer
- Certificate: EPA Recovery Certification
- CEUs: 0.80
You will train for certification in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) refrigerant recovery and recycling.
The focus is a review of EPA guidelines for refrigerant recovery and recycling during the installation, service and repair of all HVAC and refrigeration systems.
During the last 2 hours of the course, you will take the EPA-approved exam on a computer.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this course, you will receive an identification card from the EPA.
Course You Will Take
Check course availability: Go to Course Sections Offered by Term in WebAdvisor and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- HART 1091 EPA Recovery Certification
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
After you apply and register:
- Contact us to find out where to pick up the textbook on South Campus (map).
- Read the textbook before the class.
Updated July 25, 2019