EPA Recovery Certification (HVAC)
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 8
- Times offered: once a month
- Fall & spring: 3rd Friday of the month (August–May)
- Summer: 3rd Thursday of June & July
- Accreditation: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Cost: $125
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom with exam on computer
- Certificate: EPA Recovery Certification
- CEUs: 0.80
You will train for certification in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) refrigerant recovery and recycling.
The focus is a review of EPA guidelines for refrigerant recovery and recycling during the installation, service and repair of all HVAC and refrigeration systems.
During the last 2 hours of the course, you will take the EPA-approved exam on a computer.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this course, you will receive an identification card from the EPA.
Course You Will Take
- HART-1091 EPA Recovery Certification
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
After you apply and register:
- Contact us to find out where to pick up the textbook on South Campus (see the South Campus map).
- Read the textbook before the class.
Updated October 05, 2021