Quick Course Facts
Are you a business owner, member of a community organization or individual who is interested in learning how to plan successful events? Our course will teach you the skills you need to plan a variety of events.
You will learn to:
- Identify key terms used in planning special events
- Determine event goals and budget requirements
- Understand the differences between planning a special event and planning a convention or meeting
- Identify suppliers, including:
- Off-site venues
- Food and beverage providers
- Sanitation services
- Determine permits, insurance and liabilities associated with planning a special event
Course You Will Take
- TRVM-1027 Professional Event Planning
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Community Education and Engagement
Updated November 12, 2021