Medical Administrative Assistant
Quick Program Facts
- Institutional Award: 332 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 9
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Type of instruction: self-paced computer-based courses in an instructional lab and clinical
- Campus: Northeast
- Portable certificate: CPR (AHA 2-year)
You will be academically prepared to take the National Healthcareer Association exam for Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
In the Medical Administrative Assistant Program, you will take a series of self-paced courses in office technology skills and knowledge that emphasize medical office practices and procedures and their applications.
You will earn CPR certification and gain 112 hours of experience in a working medical clinic by the end of the program.
Finish the Program
You will take a capstone course that includes an exam.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this program, you will receive an Institutional Award and a CPR certification.
Eligibility Requirements & Prerequisites
Background and drug checks are required.
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Harry Johnson, Ed.D.
Career Technical Education (CTE) Student Support Specialist
Updated August 03, 2021