PC Network Technician (PCNT)
Quick Program Facts
- Continuing Education Certificate: 384 certificate hours
- IT Fundamentals & A+: 16 weeks
- Network +: 8 weeks
- Cost: $2,400
- Due when you register
- Number of courses: 6
- Day classes meet Monday–Thursday, 1–5 p.m.
- Night classes meet Monday–Thursday, 6–10 p.m.
- Financial aid:
- Campus: Northwest
PC Network Technician (PCNT) is an intensive set of certification preparation courses designed to prepare you to be an entry-level Information Technology professional.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared to test and earn their CompTIA-sponsored certifications for:
What is CompTIA?
CompTIA is a non-profit trade association that serves as the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world.
See FAQs: CompTIA Exams for details.
What kind of jobs will I be competitive for with my CompTIA Certifications?
Graduates of our PCNT courses have gone on to careers in corporate IT departments and major networking facilities in companies such as:
- Lockheed Martin
- American Airlines
- Dallas Cowboys
- Various insurance companies
Do I need computer experience?
No, you do not need to have PC knowledge or experience.
Our courses are specifically structured to start by establishing a strong foundation in basic functionality. Once you master those skills, you build on those skill sets to reach the technician level.
FAQs: CompTIA Exams
What are the CompTIA Certification exams?
Certification exams are tests where you demonstrate that you mastered the skills associated with each of the certificates.
Pass the certification exam, and you are awarded the certificate.
Where do I take the CompTIA certification exams?
How long are the certification exams?
90 minutes & no more than 90 questions
Are the certification exams hands-on?
You will take the exams on a computer at the TCC Professional Certification Testing Center.
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply & Register
Get started: Apply & register for class
Note: You will register for all 6 courses.
Samuel F. Moultrie III (Tripp), BFA, BSTM, CCENT, CCNA (R&S, Wireless, Sec), CCNP
Updated September 17, 2021