Personal Fitness Trainer
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 64
- Cost: $600
- Upcoming class:
- Dates: January 13–April 28, 2020
- Times: Monday & Wednesday: 10 a.m.–noon or 4–6 p.m.
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northeast
- Certificate: American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification
Our course is designed to prepare you for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam. You will also learn to be an effective personal trainer.
The course is a survey of scientific principles, methods and research related to exercise and physical fitness. We emphasize physiological responses and adaptations to exercise.
- Basic elements of kinesiology
- Motor learning
- The physical fitness industry
The following textbooks may be purchased at the Northeast Campus bookstore, or through an outside vendor.
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual (5th Edition)
- ACE Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will be prepared to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Course You Will Take
Check course availability: Go to Course Sections Offered by Term in WebAdvisor and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- FITT-2013 Personal Fitness Trainer
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Updated October 08, 2019