Personal Fitness Trainer
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 64
- Cost: $600
- Upcoming class:
- Dates: January 19 - May 12, 2021
- Type of instruction: This class will be delivered online.
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northeast
- Certificate: American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification
Our course is designed to prepare you for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam. You will also learn to be an effective personal trainer.
The course is a survey of scientific principles, methods and research related to exercise and physical fitness. We emphasize physiological responses and adaptations to exercise.
- Basic elements of kinesiology
- Motor learning
- The physical fitness industry
The following textbooks may be purchased at the Northeast Campus bookstore, or through an outside vendor.
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual (5th Edition)
- ACE Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will be prepared to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Course You Will Take
- FITT-2013 Personal Fitness Trainer
View class availability
- Login to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Course Catalog module.
- Select the Advanced Search tab.
- Select the appropriate term (example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May).
- Choose a Subject from the pull-down menu and click submit.
- Under each course listed will be a link that says View Available Sections. Click on that link to find a list of sections for your selected subject/course.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Updated July 09, 2021