Personal Fitness Trainer
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 64
- Cost: $600
- Upcoming class:
- Dates: August 20–December 12, 2019
- Times: Tuesday & Thursday: 2–4 p.m. or 6–8 p.m.
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northeast
- Certificate: American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification
Our course is designed to prepare you for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam. You will also learn to be an effective personal trainer.
The course is a survey of scientific principles, methods and research related to exercise and physical fitness. We emphasize physiological responses and adaptations to exercise.
- Basic elements of kinesiology
- Motor learning
- The physical fitness industry
The following textbooks may be purchased at the Northeast Campus bookstore, or through an outside vendor.
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual (5th Edition)
- ACE Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will be prepared to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- FITT-2013 Personal Fitness Trainer
How to Apply
Get started: Registration
Updated August 05, 2019