Personal Fitness Trainer
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 64
- Cost: $600
- Upcoming class:
- Dates: January 19 - May 12, 2021
- Type of instruction: This class will be delivered online.
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northeast
- Certificate: American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification
Our course is designed to prepare you for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam. You will also learn to be an effective personal trainer.
The course is a survey of scientific principles, methods and research related to exercise and physical fitness. We emphasize physiological responses and adaptations to exercise.
- Basic elements of kinesiology
- Motor learning
- The physical fitness industry
The following textbooks may be purchased at the Northeast Campus bookstore, or through an outside vendor.
- ACE Personal Trainer Manual (5th Edition)
- ACE Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will be prepared to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Course You Will Take
- FITT-2013 Personal Fitness Trainer
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Updated October 05, 2021