SHRM Essentials® of Human Resources
Quick Course Facts
- CEUs: 2.4
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 24
- Accreditation: Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM®)
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
If you're new to human resources (HR), if you're a small business owner, or if HR is one of your many responsibilities, the newly updated SHRM Essentials® of Human Resources course is for you!
We cover a range of HR issues in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. You’ll gain practical skills to handle relevant HR challenges, so you can help your company avoid potentially costly lawsuits.
- HR management
- Employment law
- Recruitment and selection
- Compensation and benefits
- Performance management
Tuition includes a printed workbook and 18-month access to SHRM Online Learning Resource Center.
Most companies pay for this course through tuition assistance or professional budgets. Ask your employer if you qualify.
Course You Will Take
- HRPO-1000 Understanding HR Function—SHRM
View class availability
- Login to MyTCCTrack.
- Select the Course Catalog module.
- Select the Advanced Search tab.
- Select the appropriate term (example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May).
- Choose a Subject from the pull-down menu and click submit.
- Under each course listed will be a link that says View Available Sections. Click on that link to find a list of sections for your selected subject/course.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation and Logistics (CEATL)
Northwest Alliance Workforce Programs
Updated February 23, 2021