SHRM Essentials® of Human Resources
Quick Course Facts
- CEUs: 2.4
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 24
- Accreditation: Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM®)
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
If you're new to human resources (HR), if you're a small business owner, or if HR is one of your many responsibilities, the newly updated SHRM Essentials® of Human Resources course is for you!
We cover a range of HR issues in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. You’ll gain practical skills to handle relevant HR challenges, so you can help your company avoid potentially costly lawsuits.
- HR management
- Employment law
- Recruitment and selection
- Compensation and benefits
- Performance management
Tuition includes a printed workbook and 18-month access to SHRM Online Learning Resource Center.
Most companies pay for this course through tuition assistance or professional budgets. Ask your employer if you qualify.
Course You Will Take
- HRPO-1000 Understanding HR Function—SHRM
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Erma C. Johnson Hadley Northwest Center of Excellence for Aviation, Transportation & Logistics (CEATL)
Northwest Alliance Workforce Programs
Updated October 05, 2021