Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 10
- Total hours: 404
- CEUs: 40.4
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab & internship
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
Distribution Water Operators focus on identifying operating deficiencies in:
- Water systems
- Water mains
- Valves and hydrants
- Meters and services
- Pump installation and operations
- Maintenance of customer meters
- Corrosion control
They must monitor these systems frequently.
Water and Wastewater Licensed Operators perform a vital role in maintaining the quality of both the human population and the natural environment.
Our Water/Wastewater Treatment Program is designed to provide you with the technical knowledge to competently perform in the water and wastewater utility industry.
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- EPCT-1015 Basic Water Work Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Water Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Water
- EPCT-2020 Water Distribution
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
How to Apply
Get started: Registration
Current operators may take individual courses as in-service training or on-site at a facility.
Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 Class Schedule
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Water Works Operations
- September 16–18, 2019
- January 27–29, 2020
- October 10–12, 2019
- February 20–22, 2020
Water Utility Calculations
- November 11–13, 2019
- April 20–22, 2020
Water Utility Safety
- October 2–4, 2019
- February 3–5, 2020
24-hour Courses: $280
Surface Water Production I
- Date: October 21–23, 2019
Includes student hands-on component
- October 17–19, 2019
- March 5–7, 2020
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Margarett Williams, Coordinator
Ali Williamson, Program Coordinator
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated July 30, 2019