Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 10
- Total hours: 404
- CEUs: 40.4
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab & internship
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
Distribution Water Operators focus on identifying operating deficiencies in:
- Water systems
- Water mains
- Valves and hydrants
- Meters and services
- Pump installation and operations
- Maintenance of customer meters
- Corrosion control
They must monitor these systems frequently.
Water and Wastewater Licensed Operators perform a vital role in maintaining the quality of both the human population and the natural environment.
Our Water/Wastewater Treatment Program is designed to provide you with the technical knowledge to competently perform in the water and wastewater utility industry.
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
- EPCX-7000 D Water Exam Prep
- EPCT-1015 Basic Water Work Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Water Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Water
- EPCT-2020 Water Distribution
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Current operators may take individual courses as in-service training or on-site at a facility.
Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 Class Schedules
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and are taught on TCC Northwest Campus.
TCEQ Water Operator D License Exam Prep
- Date: October 8, 2021
- Tuition: $75
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Water Works Operations
- September 20–22, 2021
- January 31–February 2, 2022
- November 15–17, 2021
- April 4–6, 2022
Water Utility Calculations
- November 8–10, 2021
- March 28–30, 2022
Water Utility Safety
- September 27–29, 2021
- February 7–9, 2022
Surface Water Production I
- December 9–11, 2021
- February 17–19, 2022
- Tuition: $225
Includes student hands-on component
- October 20–22, 2021
- March 2–4, 2022
- Tuition: $280
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated October 05, 2021