Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 10
- Total hours: 404
- CEUs: 40.4
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab & internship
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Northwest
Groundwater Operators protect both the public and the environment from pathogen contamination in systems that use groundwater.
This includes knowledge of:
- Types of wells
- Well hydraulics
- Well development
- Well maintenance
- Pump operation and ground water treatment
- Physical and chemical characteristics of ground water
- Pumps and motors
- Storage and distribution
Water and Wastewater Licensed Operators perform a vital role in maintaining the quality of both the human population and the natural environment.
Our Water/Wastewater Treatment Program is designed to provide you with the technical knowledge to competently perform in the water and wastewater utility industry.
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
- EPCX-7000 D Water Exam Prep
- EPCT-1015 Basic Water Work Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Water Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Water
- EPCT-2007 Groundwater Production
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
Check course availability
Go to Course Sections Offered by Term in WebAdvisor and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
Get started: Apply & register for class
Current operators may take individual courses as in-service training or on-site at a facility.
Summer & Fall 2020 Class Schedule
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
TCEQ Water Operator D License Exam Prep
- Date: September 18, 2020
- Tuition: $75
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Water Works Operations
- Dates: August 31–September 2, 2020
Groundwater Production I
- Dates: October 5–7, 2020
Water Utility Calculations
- Dates: October 12–14, 2020
Water Utility Safety
- Dates: August 17–19, 2020
24-hour Courses: $280
Surface Water Production I
- Date: September 17–19, 2020
Includes student hands-on component
- Dates: October 22–24, 2020
40-hour Course: $250
- Dates: October 26–30, 2020
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Margarett Williams, Coordinator
Ali Williamson, Program Coordinator
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated August 11, 2020