- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Associate of Arts: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Level I (24-27 semester credit hours)
- Level 2 (45 semester credit hours)
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: All campuses
Business courses are not just for students who expect to make their careers in the business world.
Professionals working in a wide range of organizations benefit from knowing how American business works and how the economy operates.
Our program will give you a foundation in business principles and practices including:
- Human resources
Reasons to Study Business
- Broaden the foundation of your business knowledge
- Improve your skills for a more competitive career
- Complete basic transferable coursework toward an advanced degree
Certificates of Completion
You can complete 1 or both Business Certificate(s) of Completion and choose to enter the workforce.
You can continue your studies to earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business Administration–Business.
The Level I and Level II Business Certificates are stackable, meaning any course you take to complete 1 or both certificate(s) applies to the requirements of the associate degree.
If you are planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a 4-year college or university, you can complete the Business Field of Study. This set of courses fulfills lower division requirements for bachelor's degrees and is transferable to a Texas college or university.
You can also earn an Associate of Arts in Business to prepare to transfer to a 4-year college or university.
Community & Industry Education (non-credit)
Office Careers Programs
- Administrative Assistant
- Human Resources Office Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Office Assistant
Help Guide Our Programs
Are you a community employer, employee, program graduate or civic leader who would like to help us prepare students with the skills they need to be successful?
Join our Business Advisory Council and help us keep our programs relevant.
Michael Kaluya, Chair
Lourdes Ramboa, Chair
Shahla Durany, Chair
TaMika Steward, Chair
Talia Dancer, Business Coordinator
Trinity River Campus
Alicia Lupinacci, Ph.D., Chair
TCC Connect Campus
Randy Jackson, Ph.D., Chair
Updated December 10, 2018