- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Level 1 (29–30 semester credit hours)
- Level 2 (45 semester credit hours)
- Advanced Technical (18 semester credit hours)
- Occupational Skills Award: 9 semester credit hours
- Full program is offered at: Northeast Campus
Our program is designed for adults interested in the early education and care of young children.
You will prepare to be a lead teacher or director of early care and education programs or to continue your education in the fields of child development, family studies and human development.
We are dedicated to:
- Advocating for children and families
- Preparing knowledgeable and competent early childhood professionals
- Providing quality educational experiences
- Offering special training and support services
Continue your studies
You can learn the basic skills and knowledge you need to work in the early care and education field by earning a certificate or associate degree.
Or you can build upon your associate degree by pursuing a bachelor's degree.
We have transfer partnerships with these schools:
Occupational Skills Award
You must complete field experience and laboratory hours. If you do not meet the required hours within a given semester, you will not pass the course.
Field experience helps you see the relationships between theory and practice.
You gain hands-on experience as you:
- Observe master teachers
- Develop professional and personal strengths
- Acquire essential skills necessary to become a teacher
The Children's Center, accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, serves as an educational site for our students. Faculty and child development specialists supervise activities.
Criminal Background Checks
A criminal background check will be required to enroll in EDUC and TECA field experience courses and CDEC laboratory courses. A criminal history check will be repeated once a year for every student enrolled in 1 of these courses.
The following courses will also require an additional fee for finger printing:
- CDEC-1413 Curriculum Resources for Early Childhood Programs
- CDEC-1419 Child Guidance
- CDEC-2386 Internship for Early Childhood
Lisa Self, Child Development Program Coordinator
Field Placement Contact
Amy Rhodes, Instructional Associate
Updated March 21, 2018