Computed Tomography (CT)
- Advanced Technical Certificate: 16 semester credit hours
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program offered at: Trinity River Campus East
Advanced Technical Certificate
You must currently hold an active license in 1 or more:
- Registered Radiographer
- Radiation Therapist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Spring 2019 Information Sessions
Attending an information session is an application requirement.
You do not have to reserve a place, but seating is limited to the first 100 people.
- Tuesday, March 5
- Wednesday, April 3
Time & Place
- Time: 5 p.m.
- Place: Trinity River Campus East (map)
- Room: TRHA 1050 (first floor)
Role of the Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist
Computed Tomography (CT) is a pathway within radiology. CT equipment uses specialized ionizing radiation to create pictures of cross sections of the human anatomy.
CT technologists specialize in creating cross-sectional images that show soft tissue, bony anatomy, foreign bodies and pathologies, which help doctors diagnose and plan treatment of patients.
While students, CT technologists work under the supervision of seasoned professionals or radiologists.
CT technologists must be able to:
- Work effectively with patients and health professionals
- Operate sophisticated computer equipment
- Observe radiation protection measures
- Provide only the best in patient care
For details: The Practice Standards for Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy: Computed Tomography
Practice StandardsListen (PDF will open in a new window)
(from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists)
To graduate well-trained, compassionate technologists who can positively contribute to the care of others by providing outstanding patient care while demonstrating an ability to think critically and effectively communicate on the behalf of the patient.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions Advising
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated February 21, 2019