- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Level 1 (15-20 semester credit hours)
- Level 2 (43 semester credit hours)
- Occupational Skills Award: 9 semester credit hours
- Job opportunities: Careers
- Full program is offered at: Southeast Campus
The certificates are also part of the curriculum requirements of the Dietetic Technician Program. You may choose to complete 1 or 2 certificates before to applying to the Dietetic Technician Program.
Practicum: Supervised Practice
Practicum provides supervised practice experience in real life situations.
Practicum course requirements:
- Dietetic Technician: 450 hours (3 courses)
- Dietary Manager: 150 hours (1 course)
- Food & Nutrition Coach: 150 hours (1 course)
Learn more: Practicum
Want more details?
- TCC Dietetics Program Student Handbook: Touching Lives through Food and NutritionListen (PDF will open in a new window)
Roles of Dietitians & Nutritionists
Dietetics professionals advise people on what to eat in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle or to achieve specific health-related goals.
Dietetic technicians and nutritionists are trained in food and nutrition. They plan menus and choose appropriate foods for people with special nutritional needs. They are an important part of health-care and foodservice management teams.
Dietary Managers manage foodservice operations, plan food programs and ensure food safety. They also often handle business-related tasks, such as budgeting, buying food and managing teams.
To train and produce competent entry-level dietetics and nutrition professionals to meet the increased nutritional needs of the community and the demand of the workforce.
Dietetic Technician Program
Our program is the only accredited dietetic technician program in Texas.
Accredited by Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
120 South Riverside Plaza
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
- Telephone: 800-877-1600, ext. 5400
- Website: ACEND
Dietary Manager Certificate Program
- Approved by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals
Christina Liew-Newville, M.S., R.D., L.D., Dietetics Program Coordinator & Dietetic
Technician Program Director
Margaret Hearn, R.D., L.D., Dietary Manager Program Coordinator
Lynda Arnold, M.S., Academic Advisor
Updated September 19, 2018