- Core Curriculum Requirement: Social & Behavioral Science
- Degree & certificate plan requirements
- Courses are offered at these campuses:
Geography uses both physical and social sciences to help us understand the human condition and its relationship to the environment.
Reasons to Study Geography
- All our geography courses fulfill the requirement for core curriculum electives in the social and behavioral sciences.
- World Geography is a required course for most education degrees in the State of Texas.
Open career opportunities
A wide variety of careers require the geographic knowledge and spatial analysis skills you learn while earning bachelor's or graduate degrees in geography.
If you are interested in pursuing studies in geography, check out the Association of American Geographers: Jobs & Careers for more information.
Marles McCurdy, Department Chair
Lillian Hansen, Department Chair
Jessica Patton, Professor of History and Geography
Linda Frazier, Department Chair
Updated March 01, 2018