- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Level 1 (16 semester credit hours)
- Level 2 (45 semester credit hours)
- Program is offered at these campuses:
You will learn to write computer programs—such as C++ and Java—that allow computers and software to function correctly.
You will also learn how to:
- Update and expand existing programs
- Test programs for errors
- Fix faulty lines of computer code
In addition to coursework, you may spend extensive lab time gaining hands-on training with computers.
Northeast, South, Southeast and Trinity River Campuses
Northeast, Northwest, South, Southeast and Trinity River Campuses
After successfully completing our program, you will be prepared to work as a computer programmer.
Projected Job Growth
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Discover careers based on your interests and studies: Career Coach.
Carol Merchant, Department Co-Chair
Jeff Koch, Department Co-Chair
Allyson Oudin, Advisor
Richard Sellers, Instructor, Department Chair
Shahla Durany, Instructor, Department Chair
James Dang, Associate Professor, Department Chair
Trinity River Campus
Tyson McMillan, Ph.D., Professor, Department Chair
Updated July 31, 2018