- Associate of Arts: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Core Curriculum Requirement: Creative Arts
- Degree & certificate plan requirements
- Full program is offered at these campuses:
We offer music courses at each campus and for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced.
If you are planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a 4-year college or university, you can complete the Music Field of Study, which includes a set of transferrable courses.
What You Will Study
Course topics include:
- Music theory
- Sight reading
- Music literature
- Voice and vocal diction
- Many Music Ensembles:
Jazz Lab Bands, Choirs, Opera Workshop, and Small Instrumental Ensembles for guitar, voice, strings and percussion
Each campus offers free concerts for music students and community. Guest musicians are often invited to perform on each campus.
Learn more about upcoming events.
Other Learning Opportunities
- Private lessons are offered in voice, piano, guitar, bass guitar, brass, woodwind, percussion, harp and strings. Contact a campus Music Department to arrange lessons.
- Workshops, master classes and K-12 Music competitions sponsored by TCC.
- Preparatory piano programs are available for grades 1–12 on Northeast Campus. For more information, contact Sarah Alexander, the coordinator, by email, email@example.com, or by telephone, 817-515-6683.
- Campus-hosted concerts are held throughout the year. Most concerts are free and open to the public. Email the contacts below for current concert schedules.
Patricia Asher, Instructional Associate
Updated June 11, 2018