Art in Paris
France, Maymester 2019
The Visual Art Program is offering a mini May Art Appreciation course combined with a study abroad to the City of Lights—Paris!
Art Appreciation 1301 will be a blended course of face-to-face and on-line materials.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Visit museums, including the Louvre, Pompidou Center and Musée d'Orsay
- Take ARTS-1301 Art Appreciation, a 3-credit course that will count as your Creative Arts Core Class
This course is focused on Visual Art, but it is open to all. Our travel time in Paris offers significant flexibility for individual and group exploration.
- Fort Worth, Texas (Northwest Campus)
- Paris, France
- Instructor: Fred Spaulding
- May 12–26: Mini Maymester on Northwest Campus
- May 15–21: Travel dates to Paris
- May 26: Meet for final class on Northwest Campus
- Course Credit: ARTS-1301 Art Appreciation (3 semester credit hours)
- Cost: $3,100 (does not include tuition)
- To apply: November 15, 2018
- To enroll: February 8, 2019
- Full payment will be due at this time.
- Participants: Open to:
- Students and community members
- Credit and non-credit
How much does it cost?
You will be responsible for both the cost of the study abroad program and the TCC tuition.
EF College Tours
We partner with EF College Tours for the Paris experience:
- Non-refundable reservation fee: $95
- Program fee: $3,100 average
- Increases each month closer to departure
Is financial aid available?
EF College Tours offers monthly payment options.
You may also apply for a personal loan through the Financial Aid Office.
Contact Fred Spaulding (firstname.lastname@example.org) for payment schedule and additional financial questions.
How do I join the program?
- Enroll with EF College Tours
- Go to EF College Tours
- Enter tour #2044398NY
- Pay the $95 non-refundable fee to reserve your spot and hold your Program Fee
- Pay the Program Fee (average of $3,100) as soon as you are able; it increases each month closer to departure
- Deadline: February 8, 2019
- Full program fee due
- Contact Fred Spaulding (email@example.com) for an application
- Deadline: November 18, 2018
- All applications due
- Have your completed and approved application before you register
- Maymester registration opens March 8, 2019
What's included in the cost?
The EF College Tours program cost includes:
- Round-trip flights
- Land transportation
- Hotels with private bathrooms
- Light breakfast daily
- 4 local dinners
- Full-time tour director
- Entrance to:
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Paris Opera House
- Enrollment Fee & insurance
Cultural Activities & Additional Fees
We will plan fundraising activities during the upcoming year to help offset these fees.
- Paris Museum Pass: $50 (required)
- The Palace of Versailles: $120
- Dance Performance at Paris Opera House: $65
Fred Spaulding, Associate Professor of Art
Updated September 04, 2018