Dance Your Dream in Paris
France, Maymester 2019
Join our Dance Program in Paris, France, for a Mini May Dance Appreciation course.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Attend dance performances at the Paris Opera House and the Louvre
- Visit the Palace of Versailles, home of the beginnings of ballet
- Study dance at Studio Harmonic in Bastille
- Take DANC-2303 Dance Appreciation, a 3-credit course that will count as your Creative Arts Core Class
This course is focused on dance, but it is open to all. Assignments and group projects will adapt to the talents you bring to the group.
- Fort Worth, Texas (Northwest Campus)
- Paris, France
- Instructor: Amy L. Jennings
- May 10–24: Mini Maymester on Northwest Campus
- May 15–21: Dance in Paris
- May 26: Meet for final class on Northwest Campus
- Course Credit: DANC-2303 Dance Appreciation (3 semester credit hours)
- DANC-2303: $177
- EF College Tour: $3,195
- To apply: November 15, 2018
- To enroll: February 8, 2019
- Full payment will be due at this time.
- Participants: Open to:
- Students and community members
- Dancers and non-dancers
- Credit and non-credit
How much does it cost?
You will be responsible for both the cost of the study abroad program and the TCC tuition.
- DANC-2303 Dance Appreciation: $177
EF College Tours
We partner with EF College Tours for the Paris experience:
- Non-refundable reservation fee: $95
- Program fee: $3,100 average
- Increases each month closer to departure
Is financial aid available?
EF College Tours offers monthly payment options.
You may also apply for a personal loan through the Financial Aid Office.
Also, if you are enrolled in the tour and participate in our fundraising activities, you will have funding available for dance classes and performances while in Paris.
Please contact Amy L. Jennings (email@example.com) for payment schedule and additional financial questions.
How do I join the program?
- Enroll with EF College Tours
- Go to EF College Tours
- Enter tour #2044398NY
- Pay the $95 non-refundable fee to reserve your spot and hold your Program Fee
- Pay the Program Fee (average of $3,100) as soon as you are able; it increases each month closer to departure
- Deadline: February 8, 2019
- Full Program Fee due
- Contact Amy L. Jennings (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application
- Deadline: November 18, 2018
- All applications due
- Have your completed and approved application before you register
- Maymester registration opens March 8, 2019
What's included in the cost?
The EF College Tours program cost includes:
- Round-trip flights
- Land transportation
- Hotels with private bathrooms
- Light breakfast daily
- 4 local dinners
- Full-time tour director
- Entrance to:
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Paris Opera House
- Enrollment Fee & insurance
Cultural Activities & Additional Fees
We will plan fundraising activities during the upcoming year to help offset these fees.
- The Palace of Versailles: $120
- Dance Performance at Paris Opera House: $65
- Studio Harmonic dance class fees: $8-15
Amy L. Jennings, Associate Professor of Dance
Updated August 01, 2018