Geology Field Program
Ireland, Spring 2019
Learn in places where the science of geology was developed.
See, smell, hear, and touch the world as you explore basic concepts of geology. Discover how closely these concepts touch our everyday life—from history, to culture, to food.
Our program offers a blended teaching and learning style:
- Start by learning concepts in the classroom via labs, lectures, online videos, and exercises
- Leave the classroom to explore the Irish landscape in a 9-day immersion learning experience
More details: TCC in Ireland—Geology Field Program
- Northeast Campus
- Ireland, including:
- Giant’s Causeway
- Instructor: Meena Balakrishnan, Ph.D.
- Pre-trip classes: Monday and Friday, January 30–March 6, 2019 (tentative)
- Ireland: March 8–17, 2019
- Course credit: 4 or 8 semester credit hours
- GEOL-1403 Physical Geology (4 semester credit hours)
- GEOL-1405 Environmental Science (4 semester credit hours)
- Courses available as undergraduate or continuing education [Community & Industry Education (CIE)]
- Cost (approximate): $2,900
- Student fee: $1,900 (approximate)
- Airfare: $1,000 (approximate)
- Tuition (same for both undergraduate and CIE courses):
- 8 hours: $472
- 4 Hours: $236
- Payment deadlines (student fee only):
- October 1, 2018: $500 deposit
- December 10, 2018: $600 second payment
- January 11, 2019: Remaining dues
- Course registration:
- This is a Spring 2019 registration.
How do I pay?
Airfare & Fees
All fees must be paid at the Business Services Office on Northeast Campus.
You are responsible for purchasing your own airline ticket, with guidance from Meena Balakrishnan.
Tuition is not collected as part of the program payment.
Tuition is due to TCC at the time of registration.
What is included in the cost of the program?
Student fee & airfare includes:
- Round-trip air transport DFW—Dublin
- Ground transport
- Breakfast and dinner on all full days
Costs not included:
- Personal supplies, souvenirs, etc.
- Passport application or renewal fees (if needed)
- Mandatory for international travel
- Travel medical insurance
- Mandatory for TCC-led travel programs
- Varies by citizenship
- Only for some international students and permanent residents
Is financial aid available?
Financial aid and veterans benefits may be used to cover tuition.
Check with the Student Financial Aid Services Office on your campus to see if you can use any aid towards travel costs.
How can I register?
To reserve your spot:
- Sign the TCC–Ireland Field Program questionnaire acknowledging the responsibilities and requirements of the trip
- Pay the deposit of $500 at the Business Services Office on Northeast Campus by Monday, October 1, 2018
We have a limit of 18 students. Spots are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
More about the registration process: TCC in Ireland—How to Apply
Updated September 12, 2018