Continuing Education Non-Credit Student
You're a continuing education (non-credit) student if you pursue non-credit programs and activities. No matter what your age, your background or your goals, continuing education has a program for you.
What do I need to do before I can register for classes?
If you are a new student and have never taken a class at TCC, submit your information by following the steps below. A student ID will be sent to you via your personal email within 24 hours.
We'll need your:
- Valid date of birth
- Valid Social Security number (Required to submit information online, and necessary for financial aid, veterans benefits and income tax purposes)
- Active email address
How do I submit my information online?
To submit the above information online, you must:
- Fill out information form online with Active Apply.
- Note: Active Apply is temporarily only available in Internet Explorer.
- Indicate on the form that you're applying for Continuing Education
- When prompted to select a term, choose the earliest term you might start classes.
Your options are:
- Q1 (September-November)
- Q2 (December-February)
- Q3 (March-May)
- Q4 (June-August)
- Submit evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination. This only applies if you are:
- Under 22 years old, and
- A new or returning student, and
- Registering in a program of 360 or more hours
- Receive notice of acceptance.
After you've submitted all your information, you'll receive your notice of student ID.
How will I know if I'm ready to register for classes?
Allow up to 24 hours for processing your information form.
You will be contacted via your personal email when you have been set up, and have a TCC student ID and can register for classes.
What happens next?
After you've received your student ID, you can:
- Plan for payment of tuition and fees.
- Register for classes.
- Finish preparing for the start of classes.
Updated July 29, 2019