Non-Citizen Without Visa
You're a non-citizen without a visa if you:
- Are not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Do not hold a non-immigrant visa.
- Have an expired non-immigrant visa.
- Are an I-485 applicant who hasn't received approval.
Admissions services are available remotely. For questions, contact our Admissions and Registrar Office.
How do I apply to TCC?
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
- Apply online now with ApplyTCC (use Firefox or Chrome for best experience)
- Submit your application at least one week before your class start date.
- Find deadlines and important dates in the Fall 2021 Academic Calendar.
- Note: You may use ApplyTexas as an alternate online application method but must allow additional time for processing.
- Receive notice of acceptance.
When will I know if I'm accepted?
You should allow up to 5 business days for processing. You will be contacted via your personal email when you've been accepted into TCC to finish the registration process.
If you applied through ApplyTexas, please allow additional time for processing.
Am I eligible for a lower tuition rate?
If you have already filed a SB 1528 waiver at another Texas public institution you attended during the immediate prior 12 months, you will not need to file a new waiver at TCC.
Applicants who have applied for permanent residence (I-485 applicants) need to provide the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services receipt indicating it has been approved (Notice of Action Form, I-797) to be eligible for a lower tuition rate.
What happens next?
Once you're accepted, follow the next series of steps.
- Submit evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC, under 22 years old, and taking face-to-face courses) and residency documentation (if applicable).
- Submit any official transcripts from colleges/universities attended.
- Plan for payment of tuition and fees.
- Complete any testing requirements.
- Schedule an appointment with a success coach at your campus's Advising and Counseling center. This is required for all FTIC students.
Success coaches offer one-on-one help to:
- Complete an application for admission
- Answer questions about the financial aid application
- Discuss all required documents, and where/how to submit them
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. This is required for all first-time-in-college (FTIC) students and includes:
- Test Score Review
- Student Success/Texas Success Initiative Plan review
- New Student Group Advisement (NSGA) and New Student Orientation (NSO)
- Register for classes.
- Pay for classes.
- Review payment deadlines
- Finish preparing for the start of the semester.
Updated July 12, 2021