Non-Citizen Without Visa
You're a non-citizen without a visa if you:
- Are not a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Do not hold a non-immigrant visa.
- Have an expired non-immigrant visa.
- Are an I-485 applicant who hasn't received approval.
How do I apply to TCC?
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
- Applications can be submitted online with ApplyTexas, or in person at any campus Admissions and Registrar Office.
- Get help with your online application by following our ApplyTexas application instructions.
- The admissions application deadline is 2 weeks before the class start date. Submit your application at least 2 weeks before your class start date.
- You are strongly encouraged to apply well before the deadline, in order that all paperwork can be completed and to provide the best registration choices.
- Allow two business days for processing.
- Submit evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under 22 years old) and residency documentation (if applicable).
- Submit any official transcripts from colleges/universities attended.
- Receive notice of acceptance.
When will I know if I'm accepted?
You should allow up to five business days for processing. You will be contacted via your personal email when you've been accepted into TCC to finish the registration process.
Am I eligible for a lower tuition rate?
If you have already filed a SB 1528 waiver at another Texas public institution you attended during the immediate prior 12 months, you will not need to file a new waiver at TCC.
Applicants who have applied for permanent residence (I-485 applicants) need to provide the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services receipt indicating it has been approved (Notice of Action Form, I-797) to be eligible for a lower tuition rate.
What happens next?
Once you're accepted, follow the next series of steps.
- Plan for payment of tuition and fees.
- Complete any testing requirements.
- Schedule an appointment with a success coach at your campus's Advising and Counseling center. This is required for all FTIC students. Success coaches offer one-on-one
- Complete an application for admission
- Answer questions about the financial aid application
- Discuss all required documents, and where/how to submit them
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. This is required for all first-time-in-college (FTIC) students and includes:
- Register for classes.
- Pay for classes.
- Review payment deadlines
- Finish preparing for the start of the semester.
Updated September 24, 2018