Skip to main content

Financial Aid FAQ

Although Student Financial Aid Services (SFAS) offices remain closed for face-to-face services, we are still here to help you with your financial aid needs.

SFAS staff are working remotely and are available to answer questions and provide you with financial resources.

Monitor your TCC email account for important communications from SFAS.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact financial aid?

Contact us during our current business hours by:

Our summer business hours (May 11–July 31) are:

  • Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
  • Friday–Sunday: Closed

How do I apply for financial aid?

If you're a spring or summer 2020 financial aid applicant, you can follow our instructions for applying for financial aid.

You will need your financial income information for tax year 2017 to complete your financial aid application.

After you apply, if you've had a loss of income, we'll review your individual circumstances to determine if you qualify for federal grants or loans. To be considered, complete our 2019-2020 Special Circumstances Form: Income Reduction.

I'm a current financial aid student but I lost my job. What now?

If you were previously denied a maximum federal Pell Grant or subsidized federal student loan, you may be eligible for an individual circumstance review. To be considered, you must complete our 2019-2020 Special Circumstances Form: Income Reduction.

If you still have remaining federal loan eligibility, you can request a loan for Spring 2020 through the Self-Service Financial Aid link in WebAdvisor. The deadline to submit a request is April 17, 2020.

Can I make a financial aid appeal?

You may request a financial aid appeal based on valid mitigating circumstances which occurred during the semester you lost your eligibility. Follow our steps to submit a financial aid appeal.

How do I submit my documents if the financial aid offices are closed?

You can still send your documents to us by email, fax, or postal mail.

However, please protect and secure your information. Personal identifiers (social security number, date of birth) should be blacked out before your documents are sent to us.

Make sure your name and TCC student ID number are on all of your documents so we can easily identify your student account.

Send via Email

Email your documents to

Send via Fax

Fax your documents to your home campus:

  • Northeast: 817-515-0504
  • Northwest: 817-515-0575
  • South: 817-515-0561
  • Southeast: 817-515-0803
  • Trinity River: 817-515-0705

Send via Postal Mail

Mail your documents to:

Tarrant County College
District Student Financial Aid Services
300 Trinity Campus Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76102

What if I need more financial resources than just financial aid?

Consider applying for our Eliminating Barriers Fund, a fund that provides financial assistance to students experiencing financial hardship.

Updated May 21, 2020