HCNC Facility Rules and Guidelines
HCNC hopes you have everything here to make your class successful.
Listed below are our rules to help maintain the appearance and serviceability of our facility. If you have any questions or need anything please let us know. Our administrative staff is here to assist with your needs.
- In the event of an emergency, dial 911 directly. Haltom City emergency services are closer than TCC. If you need any assistance you may contact x6996 from the phone in your classroom at any time.
- Facility hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The front door remains locked outside of those hours. Special arrangements can be
made through our office administrator.
- Evening classes: The side door is locked at 6:30 p.m. for security purposes.
- Do not put locks or other security devices on furniture or cabinets. If you need to secure any documents please make arrangements with our office administrator.
- Do not move furniture between classrooms without the approval of the HCNC staff.
- Only the HCNC staff has keys. If you need your room opened at a certain time, just let us know, and it will be done for you. We are happy to help.
- Let the staff know if your room needs any janitorial or maintenance service. This includes the student areas, faculty lounge and restrooms. Please keep rooms clean and trash picked up at all times. We are our own custodians.
- This facility hosts events and classes in the main hall. If outside noise disturbs your class, first close your classroom door. If that does not help, we will work with you as best we can to manage the situation.
- Use of office equipment, such as copiers and printers, is for convenience only and at the discretion of office administration. Copier use is controlled by access code, which is your colleague ID number.
- Lost and found items will be on site with the administrative staff until the following Friday (a maximum of two weeks). After that date, they will be turned in to Business Service at Northeast Campus.
Student Conduct Rules
Please inform your students of the following:
- Only drinks with lids are allowed in classrooms. No red drinks, such as Big Red.
- No food in rooms with computers.
- Remind students to log off of the computers at the end of class; that way they will log out of their email accounts as well.
- Smoking is prohibited, in accordance with TCC policy. Students should smoke in locations away from the doors of the building and dispose of trash properly.
At the end of each class, please:
- Make sure the data projectors are turned off.
- Erase the boards, so they do not stain.
- Make sure your classroom door is closed and locked.
- Have students turn off monitors only Monday – Thursday.
- Have students completely shut down computers if your class is the last class on Friday.
- Side doors are locked at 6:30 p.m. They allow for exit, but not re-entry. Tell students not to prop open the side doors.
- Evening instructors and office administrators must leave together as a group.
Thank you for helping to make the Haltom City Northeast Center a site for community education and enrichment!
Haltom City Northeast Center
3201 Friendly Lane
Haltom City, TX 76117
Updated June 23, 2016