Reinstating Academic Eligibility (Timeframe)
Students on Timeframe may request an "Application to Reinstate Academic Eligibility" if there were mitigating circumstances that caused the student to exceed the 150% maximum time frame. Examples of valid mitigating circumstances: illness, injury, second degree, loss of job, or need for retraining, etc.
What is Timeframe?
Timeframe Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is an eligibility status where students who have attempted at least 99 credit hours for Associate Degree or 48 credit hours for a Certificate program are not meeting the 150% limit required by the Federal government. Therefore, they are ineligible for financial aid.
To apply for reinstatement of academic eligibility for financial aid, you must:
- Submit all official college transcript(s) from prior college(s) to the Admissions and Registrar Office to be evaluated.
- Analyze and evaluate your circumstances. You should review the degrees offered at
Tarrant County College and commit to an academic program that ensures you will achieve
your education goals. Type a letter, in essay format, and answer the following questions:
- What has prevented you from completing your degree within the maximum timeframe?
- What academic program do you plan on completing?
- What are your long-term academic and career goals? How will you achieve them?
- Submit relevant supporting documentation (if you were accepted into a Specialized Admissions Program, please include your acceptance letter).
- Submit your letter, supporting documentation and degree audit to Student Financial Aid Services at the campus in which you are planning to enroll, and request an "Application to Reinstate Academic Eligibility for a Timeframe Success Plan."
- Submit the completed reinstatement application with attached documentation and Academic Success Plan, if applicable, to Student Financial Aid Services. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. You should allow up to 10 business days for a decision to be made. During peak enrollment periods, review of an application may take more than 10 business days.
- Make sure the Admissions and Registrar Office has the correct/updated academic program and catalog year on file.
- If you need over 51 hours to meet minimum SAP standards, or will be over the Timeframe Limit before meeting minimum SAP standards, the Timeframe Application to Reinstate Academic Eligibility process may also be used for ineligible SAP student applicants.
- While ineligible for financial aid, you are responsible for all educational expenses.
- You must complete your FAFSA and submit all required documents for the appropriate year.
- All transcripts must be in and evaluated prior to reinstating financial aid.
- Any outstanding balances must be paid in full prior to submitting your application.
- An "Application to Reinstate Academic Eligibility" will not waive or resolve any outstanding balances.
Updated April 06, 2017