TCC Connect Campus Scholarship Essay Contest
TCC Connect Campus Celebrates National Distance Learning Week
Enter your essay for a chance to win one of these scholarships:
- 1st place: $300
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100
Am I eligible?
Open to all students enrolled in at least 1 TCC eLearning or Weekend College class during the Fall 2017 semester.
What do I write about?
Define what success means for you
Think about this quote from Carol Dweck:
“No matter your level of talent, effort is what ignites talent and turns it into success.”
You may choose to:
- Explain why you agree or disagree with the quote
- Tell a story about a time your efforts and hard work led you to an accomplishment
- Discuss the importance of practice and preparation over talent and natural ability
These are just a few suggestions.
Feel free to explore the topic in your own way.
What are you looking for in a winning essay?
TCC Connect Campus Academic Affairs staff will choose winners based on the essay’s:
- Specificity and use of detail
How do I enter my essay?
- Type and format your 300–350-word essay.
- Be sure your name and Colleague ID# are on the attached document.
- Submit your essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the subject line NDLW Essay Contest for your email.
What is the deadline?
No submissions will be accepted after November 3, 2017
TCC Connect Campus
Updated October 24, 2017