Third-party Sponsor

Tuition and fees paid by someone other than the student (employer, organization, etc.) is considered a Third-party Sponsor.

It is your (the student's) responsibility to:

  • Be aware that tuition payment is due upon registration.
  • Notify Tarrant County College's Business Services Office each term if a sponsor will cover tuition.
  • Supply the Business Services Office with a tuition assistance (TA) authorization if you are seeking TA through a military branch. Please contact your Education Service Office for help with getting started.
  • Bring sponsor payment agreement, pay tuition or make payment arrangements by the deadline or risk being dropped from your courses.
  • Be familiar with the terms and conditions of your sponsor program.
  • Be prepared to make payment at the time of registration if you register for a class not covered by a sponsor.
  • Provide an amended or additional purchase order for a schedule change if a sponsor is covering specific courses.
  • Drop the appropriate courses prior to the first day of the term if you are not intending to take them. This will help to avoid forfeiture fees.

If a third-party sponsor has not paid your sponsored tuition invoice by the end of the next term, the unpaid tuition invoice will be moved to your account and you will be responsible for the unpaid balance, which may be subject to collections. Do not assume that a course will automatically be dropped for non-payment. 

If you have any questions, please contact Business Services at 817-515-4PAY.



Updated March 18, 2014


Tarrant County College District 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102 • Information Center: 817-515-8223 Hearing / Speech Impaired (TTY)
Online Institutional Resumes (per Sec. 51A.002, Texas Education Code) • An Achieving the Dream Institution
Report A Problem • Report Fraud