Federal and State work-study provides jobs for students with financial need allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to a student's course of study.
Work-study is generally awarded at 12 hours per week. Students are paid twice a month at a minimum salary of $7.25 per hour.
Applying for Work-Study
- Apply for admission to TCC
- Apply for Federal student aid — select the option for work-study.
- Your FAFSA and any up documentation must be submitted before the May 1 priority deadline each year.
- Please note: Due to the limitation of funds and availability of positions, we cannot guarantee that all interested applicants will receive a work-study award, interview and/or an offer of employment.
- Check your award letter for the work-study offer.
- Attend one of the required orientation sessionsListen offered during the summer. (PDF will open in new window)
Check this site for vacant work-study positionsListen (PDF will open in new window). If you are awarded work-study and you find a position that interests you, contact your campus work-study coordinator to discuss scheduling an interview with the hiring department.
Students who are offered positions are subject to a background check and must be cleared prior to beginning their employment.
Updated March 24, 2016