- Associate of Applied Science: 2-year program (60 semester credit hours)
- Certificates: Level 1 (19–31 semester credit hours)
- Occupational Skills Award: 13 semester credit hours
- Full program is offered at: Northwest Campus
Our courses focus on general horticulture topics and specialties within ornamental and landscape horticulture.
Topics covered include:
- Greenhouse operation and management
- Landscape design, installation and maintenance
- Nursery and retail garden center operation and management
- Soil fertility and fertilizers
- Pest control
You may take Horticulture courses during the day or at night. All courses are offered at least once as a day or night course during a 2-year period.
You can also take academic courses to prepare for advanced degrees in horticulture at senior institutions.
Or you may choose a continuing education program that does not require you to enroll in credit courses.
Occupational Skills Award
Community & Industry Education (non-credit)
David Bulpitt, Program Coordinator
Jasmine Gilmer, Academic Advisor–Public Services Division
Donna Herndon, Administrative Assistant
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated September 18, 2017