Emergency Operations Center
TCC's Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is a support and coordination center. In the event of an emergency or disaster, the EOC's primary purpose is to support the incident commander at the incident location.
Day-to-day operations at the EOC consist of functions and services to help prepare and protect the TCC community in case of an emergency and are provided by the:
- Department of Emergency Management & Business Continuity
- Finance Department's Office of Risk Management
- Police Department's Division of Compliance
We play important roles in:
- Preparing for, responding to and managing the recovery from emergency situations that affect our District
- Contributing to Districtwide emergency preparedness
- Maintaining the safety of our TCC community
- Identifying and mitigating hazards
- Preserving our facilities and equipment
EOC Office Suites
Emergency Management & Business Continuity
Emergency Management is the organization and management of the resources and responsibilities for dealing with all aspects of emergencies (preparedness, response, mitigation, and recovery), and Business Continuity is the advance planning and preparation undertaken to ensure that an organization will have the capability to operate its critical business functions during emergency events. The aim is to reduce harmful effects of potential hazards.
Peggy Morales, MA, MCP
Manager of Emergency Management
Kirk Driver, CEM, TEM, MPA
Director of Emergency Management
The Department of Finance's Office of Risk Management administers the property and liability insurance program for all campuses of TCC.
We are responsible for obtaining and maintaining adequate insurance coverage for the College's diverse risks and for advising faculty, staff and student organizations of appropriate risk mitigation techniques.
Our specific responsibilities include:
- District-wide property and casualty insurance
- Vendor/supplier insurance qualifications
- Indemnification and contract review
- Fleet safety programs
The Division of Police Compliance is responsible for overseeing the gathering of statistical data for various mandated reports, housing of official police report records and ensuring the accuracy of reporting data, including:
- Clery Act Compliance and statistical reporting
- Racial profiling compliance and statistical reporting
- Police Records Department
- Police records management system database administrators
Additional duties include acting as a liaison between Emergency Management and Police Communications.
Police Compliance Program Specialist
Updated January 04, 2022