Title IX & Sexual Misconduct
TCC is committed to maintaining a respectful and professional environment for all of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. This includes having an environment free from discrimination and unlawful sexual misconduct, both on and off campus.
Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance. The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
To help our community feel safe, we've provided reporting and information to ensure everyone has the resources they need to navigate difficult experiences and continue to have a successful future at TCC.
Learn More About Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Report an Incident: File a report if you witness sexual misconduct or other Title IX discrimination.
- Title IX at TCC: Definitions and policies in regards to Title IX, for both students and employees.
- Pregnant and Parenting Students: Rights and information for currently enrolled pregnant or parenting students.
- Sexual Misconduct Protocol: Protocol and procedures in the event of sexual misconduct.
- Student Title IX Online Program: Required online program for new students aimed at preventing interpersonal violence.
- DASHH Prevention Squad Events: Find upcoming events sponsored by the DASHH Prevention Squad, which provides comprehensive and intentional educational programming focused on life choices (related to drugs, alcohol, sex, harassment and hazing).
- Employee Mandatory Reporting of Sexual Misconduct: Law requiring employees of Texas public institutions of higher education, including Tarrant County College employees, to report observed incidents or credible information against a student or employee.
- Title IX Contacts for Students: Title IX representatives for students.
- Title IX Contacts for Faculty and Staff: Title IX representatives for faculty and staff.
- Download the TCC Title IX App: An app that provides students and employees with Title IX resources and reporting on their smart phone.
District Title IX Coordinator
The District designates the following person to coordinate its efforts to comply with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination and harassment of students, employees, third parties, visitors, and guests.
Name: Ricardo Coronado, Ph.D., SPHR
Position: Chief Title IX Officer
Address: 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, TX 76102-6599
Updated September 23, 2020