Accreditation and Affiliations
Tarrant County College District is accredited to award the associate degree as its highest-level award by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Programs and courses are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Memberships are also held in:
- Texas Association of Community Colleges
- Association of Texas Colleges and Universities
- American Association of Community Colleges
Tarrant County College District (TCCD) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate degree. TCCD also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Tarrant County College District may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC's website (www.sacscoc.org).
The three-fold purpose for publishing the Commission's address and contact number is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of Tarrant County College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Tarrant County College District's decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against Tarrant County College District for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
Normal inquiries about Tarrant County College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Tarrant County College District and not to the Commission's office.
Get More Information
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Accreditation, and Planning: Maintains documentation of performance measures to meet TCCD's accreditation and compliance requirements.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges: Provides accreditation to TCCD as one of six regional accreditation organizations recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Distance Education State Authorization Statement: States TCCD is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), which allows the College to deliver online instruction to students living within the NC-SARA member states.
Updated August 31, 2023