Tarrant County College is accredited to award an associate degree by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges*
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
Programs and courses are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Memberships are also held in:
- Texas Association of Community Colleges
- Association of Texas Colleges and Universities
- American Association of Community Colleges
*Tarrant County College District (TCCD) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the associate's degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org for questions about the accreditation of Tarrant County College District.
The three-fold purpose for publishing the Commission's address and contact number is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of Tarrant County College District, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of Tarrant County College District's decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against Tarrant County College District for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
Normal inquiries about Tarrant County College District, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Tarrant County College District and not to the Commission's office.
Get More Information
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Accreditation, and Planning: Maintains documentation of performance measures to meet TCCD's accreditation and compliance requirements.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges: Provides accreditation to TCCD as one of six regional accreditation organizations recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Updated May 08, 2018