Eugene Giovannini, Ed.D., joined the Tarrant County College District as our Chancellor on August 22, 2016.
Chancellor Giovannini brings to the post 33 years of professional experience at community colleges, including his most recent 3-year tenure as the founding President of Maricopa Corporate College in Scottsdale, Arizona, and 11 years as President of GateWay Community College in Phoenix, Arizona.
His community college career began in 1983 at Virginia’s Eastern Shore Community College, where he was an instructor.
He continued on to Broome Community College in New York, serving as Chairperson of the Department of Office Technologies.
He later was named the Dean of Instructional Affairs and Interim Director of Student Services at Ivy Tech Community College in Evansville, Indiana.
He was then named Vice President at Burlington County College in Pemberton, New Jersey.
Throughout his career, he has taught as an adjunct faculty member.
He currently serves as the Board Chair for the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) and has previously served on the board of the American Association of Community Colleges.
Chancellor Giovannini's extensive experience with workforce development and industrial and economic development programs and services enabled him to lead Maricopa’s creation of a Boomer Center for Workforce Transition.
- Founded the Indiana and Arizona Master Teacher programs
- Developed 2 Centers for Teaching and Learning
- Established an Early College High School for socioeconomically disadvantaged students
- Led the creation of a nationally acclaimed bilingual nursing program
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Chancellor Giovannini has made community service a priority throughout his career, as evidenced by his service on numerous boards of directors including:
- Arizona Community College Presidents' Council (Chair and Chair of Legislative Team)
- Downtown Phoenix Partnership
- Global Corporate College Board
- Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Board
- Phoenix Workforce Connections Board
- Phoenix Black Chamber of Commerce
- Phoenix Community Alliance
- Phoenix Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- The Chair Academy Board
- Valley of the Sun United Way Board
- Doctorate in Community College Education, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Master of Education, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Business Education, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
He and his wife, Marina, have been married 33 years, and have 3 children.
Eugene V. Giovannini, Ed. D., Chancellor
Updated January 26, 2017