In response to community concern, the Amber Plan was created to provide immediate broadcast of information about area child abductions. Once a participating department decides to activate the plan, dozens of Dallas/Fort Worth radio and TV stations relay information about the case to millions of residents.
Texas Statewide Amber Alert Activation Criteria
The abducted child must be:
- 17 years of age or younger
- Unwillingly taken from his/her environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian
- In immediate danger of serious bodily harm or death
Additionally, local law enforcement must:
- Confirm that an investigation has taken place that verifies the abduction and has eliminated alternative explanations for the missing child.
- Have sufficient information to disseminate to the public that could assist in locating the child, the suspect or the vehicle used in the abduction.
In the event of a child (17 years of age or younger) abduction, call TCCD Police Dispatch at 817-515-8911. The campus supervisor will issue the alert and put out the alert information.
Updated February 13, 2019