Skip to main content

Request Part-Time Enrollment

If you need to enroll in less than 12 credit hours during a term, you must obtain approval from the International Admissions Office.

Submit a Medical Reduced Enrollment Request formListen to the International Admissions Office explaining your need to enroll in less than 12 credits. You must include documentation from a licensed medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, or licensed clinical psychologist substantiating the illness or medical condition which necessitates reduced enrollment.

We will contact you to tell you our final decision, or if we have additional questions. Approvals are only granted for one semester.

Special Medical Leave Guidelines

You must provide medical documentation of your illness to be authorized for less than full-time enrollment for the required semester(s). If you fail to provide the required medical documentation of your illness, or if you withdraw from your courses before getting our permission, your SEVIS record will be terminated.

In the past, U.S. immigration officials have asked TCC students for the following evidence regarding their medical leave, when necessary:

  • Appointment verification documents from physicians' offices describing the reason for the visit, the diagnosis, the actual treatment and prognosis


  • A signed statement from your physician regarding your current condition, prognosis and plans for future treatment.

Updated September 24, 2018