Request Part-Time Enrollment
To enroll in less than 12 credit hours during a term, you must obtain approval from International Admissions.
Reasons for Part-Time Enrollment
You may enroll part-time if you are entering your last term of study before graduation and need fewer than 12 credit hours to complete degree requirements.
To request part-time enrollment during your graduating semester, verify that:
- Your WebAdvisor account and your I-20 form both reflect the correct academic program you are working toward
- The program end date on your I-20 is correct
Visit our Graduate from TCC webpage for more information about graduation and the steps you need to take in preparation for program completion.
Per USCIS regulations, if you need to enroll in less than 12 hours due to medical/health reasons, you must provide medical documentation of your illness to be authorized for less than full-time enrollment for the required semester(s).
If you fail to provide the required medical documentation of your illness, or if you withdraw from your courses before getting our permission, your SEVIS record will be terminated.
To request part-time enrollment due to medical/health reasons, submit the following items to International Admissions for review:
- Completed Medical Reduced Enrollment Request form (PDF)Listen
- Signed statement from your physician providing the information as listed in the Medical Reduced Enrollment Request form
- Documentation of medical appointments (if requested during the review process)
We will send an email to your myTCC email account with our final decision, or if we need additional information. Approvals are only granted for one semester.
Updated September 14, 2020