Northeast Campus Fitness Center
Our Northeast Campus recreation areas are available to currently enrolled students (current semester), TCC employees, and the community.
What facilities are available at TCC Northeast?
NHPE indoor facilities (including the fitness center, checkout office, and restrooms) have reopened for fall 2021.
However, both the men's and women's locker rooms are currently being renovated. Showers are unavailable until construction is completed (expected in early September).
The following outdoor areas are open for public use:
- Basketball court
- Golf range
- Jogging track
- Pickleball courts
- Sand volleyball courts
- Soccer field
- Tennis courts
Am I required to check in or make a reservation?
You're not required to check in, but you do need to prepare your own equipment when using the outdoor recreation courts.
Reservations by TCC Departments, Clubs, or Collegiate Academy
It is not required, but we encourage TCC departments, clubs, or Collegiate Academy students/staff to make a reservation for practice/use in order to receive first priority when using the courts.
Contact the fitness center for more information.
Reservations by Organizations Outside TCC
Reservations are required for organizations wishing to hold an event on our courts. In this case, contact our Community Education and Engagement offices for rental information and cost.
Does it cost anything to use these areas?
No, unless you're part of an external organization wishing to rent the courts for an event.
What guidelines are in place during COVID-19?
We recommend adhering to CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Do not play if you or members of your household are not feeling well, exhibit any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 over the last 14 days.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- No congregating or lingering on/near the courts before/after play.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants/attendees, including high fives and huddles.
- Remain apart from other players and wear mask when taking a break.
Place equipment six feet away from others.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, or mouth with unclean hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
- Do not share. Prepare your personal equipment and belongings such as water bottles.
- Bring hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes; sanitize your hands and belongings often.
- Keep a list of people you were in contact with during the activity.
- Wash/sanitize all gear, uniforms, and apparel used during the activity.
Sand Volleyball Safety Guidelines
- Courts are limited to 8 people per side.
- Non-sand volleyball activities on the sand volleyball courts are prohibited.
Tennis/Pickleball Safety Guidelines
- Courts are limited to 4 people (2 per side).
- Non-tennis/pickleball activities on the tennis/pickleball courts are prohibited.
The U.S. Tennis Association also recommends the following:
- Play with a labeled ball that only you will touch during play.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up balls when possible.
- Stay on your side of the court; avoid changing ends of the court.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, and other court amenities.
Location, Hours, and Contact Information
Find location, hours, and contact information on our Northeast Campus Fitness Center contact page.
Updated September 01, 2021