College for Kids 2017
College for Kids is a 3-week summer enrichment program for children in the 1st through 8th grades. Children can enroll in academic, arts and crafts, science and technology, and health and fitness classes. Courses are taught by experienced and motivated faculty who encourage and challenge students in an atmosphere that supports inquiry and exploration.
Applications are now closed for 2017.
Costs & Fees
- $200 per half-day session, which is a total of four classes. (Some campuses offer full day, which is $400 for a total of 8 classes)
- $40 for optional supervised activity period
- $10 for supply fees for certain courses
- 3rd through 8th grade students.
- 1st and 2nd grade are eligible on some campuses.
- A or B grade average demonstrated by a current official report card.
- Satisfactory conduct grade.
- Students are expected to show self-control.
- Students will exhibit appropriate behavior while on campus.
Schedule of Classes
- Morning and afternoon are sessions available. View a list of course descriptions.
- Students choose one course for each class hour from afternoon or morning sessions.
- First and second choices are required in the event of a class cancellation or if a class reaches capacity.
- Register online, in person, by mail or fax.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Classes are held Monday through Thursday.
If a class is canceled or filled and all options are not filled in, the child will be placed in a class of our choice. (See registration form.)
Change of Schedule
No changes will be made after classes begin.
Certificates will be awarded by the Office of Community & Industry Education Services upon successful completion of the program.
A limited number of grants will be awarded to students. Grants are awarded based on financial need. One grant per household. For grant application procedures, please call the Office of Community and Industry Education Services at the campus of your choice. (link highlighted to CIE contacts page)
- Parents must provide daily transportation for child.
- Students must not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to first class session.
- All students must be picked up promptly at end of class day at designated area(s).
- Morning supervised activity period offered on Northwest, South and Trinity River campuses.
- Afternoon supervised activity available on Northeast, Northwest, South, Southeast and Trinity River campuses.
- $40 fee per activity period payable at time of registration.
(specify your campus)
Updated October 17, 2017