Federal and State work-study provides jobs for students with financial need allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to a student's course of study.
Work-study is generally awarded at 12 hours per week. Students are paid twice a month at a minimum salary of $7.25 per hour.
Applying for Work-Study
- Apply for admission to TCC
- Apply for Federal student aid—select the option for work-study.
- Your FAFSA and any up documentation must be submitted before the May 1 priority deadline each year.
- Please note: Work-study funding and available positions are very limited. Not every student who is offered work-study funding will find a job and be hired.
- Check your award letter for the work-study offer.
- Attend one of the required orientation sessions.
Check this site for vacant work-study positionsListen (PDF will open in new window). If you are awarded work-study and you find a position that interests you, contact your campus work-study coordinator to discuss scheduling an interview with the hiring department. You will be subject to a background check and must be cleared prior to beginning your employment.
Attending Work-Study Orientation
Our orientation is offered online and in-person. You must complete either the online or on-campus orientation by August 15, 2016, or your work-study award will be canceled and your funds offered to other students.
To complete the orientation online (preferred):
- Visit the Online Work-Study Orientation Presentation (Link will open in a new window)
- Carefully review the 2016-2017 Work-Study Presentation
- Take the Work-Study Orientation Quiz (quiz results will be forwarded to the campus you select)
If you are unable to complete the Online Work-Study Orientation Presentation, you may attend one of the available on-campus orientation sessions. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
2016-2017 On-Campus Work-Study Orientations
|Northeast Campus||Community Room (NBSS 1103)||Monday, July 25||4—5 p.m.|
|Northwest Campus||WACB 1123||Monday, July 25||11 a.m.—Noon
|South Campus||Rotunda (SRTA 1102)||Wednesday, July 27||3—4 p.m.|
|Southeast Campus||North Ballroom (ESEC 1102)||Tuesday, August 2||2—3 p.m.|
|Trinity River Campus||TREF 5301||Tuesday, July 19||1—2 p.m.
Updated August 11, 2016