- Core Curriculum Requirement: Language, Culture & Philosophy
- Degree & certificate plan requirements
- Courses are offered at: all campuses
The humanities study the creative legacy of human culture: the connective thread that unites all of humanity—past, present and future.
Examining what it means to be human—whether through an ancient Greek sculpture, a Renaissance invention or a contemporary American political debate—is at the heart of the humanities.
Our courses are designed to help you develop skills in critical thinking, creativity and self-expression. Plus, our dedicated, student-centered faculty have fresh ideas and teach with interactive methods.
Many disciplines are included in the study of human beings and the cultural products they create, including:
- Fine arts
- Political science
Reasons to Study Humanities
- Connect to almost every other college discipline
- Develop skills employers look for: creativity, critical thinking and global awareness
- Participate in your own learning process
- Explore big ideas
- Learn to think independently and develop opinions
- Build upon your interests–whether it's art, history or politics
- Transfer humanities courses to any Texas state college or university—with completion of the core curriculum
Trinity River Campus
Updated November 22, 2017