Journalism / Communications
- Degree & certificate plan requirements
- Transfer: Fields of Study (9–18 semester credit hours)
- Courses are offered at: all campuses
Our program offers transferable courses and the opportunity to write for an award-winning weekly newspaper.
When you enroll in the writing and editing courses, you not only gain the knowledge needed to transfer to a 4-year college, but you also gain practical experience—a segment often missing at many universities.
Journalism helps you:
- Become a savvy consumer of mass media
- Write for print, broadcast and internet
- Edit copy for publication or broadcast
- Display stories and photographs to draw interest
- Shoot newsworthy photos for publication
Fields of Study
If you complete a Field of Study, you can transfer your credits into any Texas state school for its freshman/sophomore course requirements in the field.
- Communication Fields of Study:
The skills learned in journalism courses can prepare you to work in:
- Public relations
- General business
Chris Whitley, Director of TCC Student Publications, Instructor
Updated May 28, 2019