Online Readiness Registration Requirement
Our Online Readiness assessment helps you learn if you have the traits needed to succeed in an Internet course by asking you questions and having you complete online activities.
You must take Online Readiness before you can register for an online course if:
- You're registering for a class offered by TCC Connect Campus (as identified with an
8 as the first numeral of the section number, e.g., ENGL-1301-87652),
- You have not taken an online course at TCC or if you have taken an online course but did not receive a grade of C or better.
Take the Online Readiness assessment now. (Chrome is the preferred browser)
What to Expect When Taking Online Readiness
The assessment takes about 35 minutes to complete, but you may log out and finish it later if necessary.
The topics include the following:
- Reading Rate and Recall (minimum score of 60% required)
- Technical Competency (minimum score of 80% required)
- Technical Knowledge (minimum score of 60% required)
- Typing Speed and Accuracy (minimum score of 15 WPM required)
If your scores are high enough, you will be able to add an eLearning course to your preferred section list within 24 hours.
If you need to retake Online Readiness, you will be able to do so 24 hours after you completed it the first time.
If you have any questions about Online Readiness or the registration requirement, please call 817-515-8000.
Tips for Succeeding in Online Classes
TCC Connect Campus
Updated April 28, 2021