Canvas is the learning management system used to deliver online courses at TCC.
You will log in to your virtual classroom to:
- Access the course syllabus, instructor notes, assignments and testing information.
- Participate in discussion forums, chat rooms or complete assignments using external Internet websites.
The minimum computer system requirements for all eLearning online courses are as follows:
For best performance, use the current or first previous major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser.
Canvas only requires an operating system that can run the latest compatible web browsers. Your computer operating system should be kept up to date with the latest recommended security updates and upgrades. For more information, visit the Canvas community page on browsers and minimum requirements.
- Course-specific software
- Some courses may have specific requirements for additional software, such as applications
in the Microsoft Office Suite. These requirements will be listed in the Instructor's
Class Requirements (ICR) for the course as found in MyTCCTrack.
Note: Student discounts may be available for Microsoft Office products and other required software in the campus bookstores.
- For optimal performance, some courses may require additional software downloads.
- Some courses may have specific requirements for additional software, such as applications in the Microsoft Office Suite. These requirements will be listed in the Instructor's Class Requirements (ICR) for the course as found in MyTCCTrack.
You are responsible for purchasing, installing and maintaining software on your own computer.
TCC Connect Campus
Updated January 20, 2023