Quick Program Facts
- Continuing Education Certificate: 580 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 9
- Length of program:
- Full-time: 5 1/2 to 6 months
- Part-time: 8 to 9 months
- Accreditation: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Admission requirements: Must have a verbal interview and pass a criminal background check
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: South
Our Massage Therapy Certification Program is designed to teach you the techniques of Swedish Massage.
During the 580-hour program, you will learn to perform:
- Chair massage
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Simple reflexology foot massage
- 2-therapist massage treatments in collaboration with a classmate
Our course prepares you for the:
- Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx)
- Developed and maintained by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB)
- Texas Massage Therapy Jurisprudence exam for licensure
- Full-time day program takes approximately 5 1/2 to 6 months to complete.
- Part-time evening program takes approximately 8 to 9 months to complete.
We will post detailed information as soon as we are able to schedule our next classes.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this program, you will be prepared to take the:
- MBLEx (FSMTB)
- Texas Massage Therapy Jurisprudence exam for licensure as a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
The state will require a drug test prior to issuing a license.
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
How to Apply
- Get an information packet online
- Email Roberta Wolff (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a packet.
- Read the informational and instructional forms included.
- Return the following to us:
- High School Diploma or GED or transcript from any academic institution
- 2 health certificates
- 1 filled out by you
- 1 filled out by your physician
- Copy of your Texas Driver’s License
- Copy of your Social Security Card (required by State of TX for licensure)
- Agreement for background check (required by State of TX for licensure)
- Personal information form
- TPEG Educational Grant form
- Become a TCC student
- Apply for Admission to TCC to be an eligible Non-Credit Student
- Important exception: You cannot register online for Massage Therapy classes.
- You must register for Massage Therapy classes in person (see Step 5).
- Wait to hear from us
- After we have received and reviewed all of your paperwork, we will contact you for an interview.
- We will give you clearance to register once your documents are approved, and you are accepted into the program.
- Register for class in person
- Get registration paperwork from Roberta Wolff (SHPE 1412).
- Complete the registration process in person.
- Pay your tuition amount
- Your tuition payment secures your place in our program.
- You must pay for the classes (program quarter) you are registering for—approximately half of the total tuition.
Updated June 02, 2022