Quick Program Facts
- Occupational Skills Award: 232–312 certificate hours
- Without clinical: 232 certificate hours
- With clinical: 312 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 6
- Accreditation: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized Education/Training Program™
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
You will learn the fundamentals of community pharmacy technician principles and procedures.
The clinical phase will give you hands-on experience in area pharmacies.
Our pharmacy technician courses will be delivered in a hybrid format—combining online and face-to-face activities.
After Finishing Our Program
If you are interested in taking the certification exam, visit The Texas State Board of Pharmacy for information about the exam and testing sites.
- High school diploma or GED
- Passing score on The Adult Basic Education (TABE) test, if applicable
- Compliance with Texas State Board of Pharmacy regulations
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
- Application available: October 5, 2022
- Application deadline: December 5, 2022
- Classes start: January 17, 2023
- Program length: January 17–June 14, 2023
How to Apply
- Review the Information Session Presentation Slides (PDF)Listen.
- Submit your certification of completion form with your application.
- Gather the required supporting documents & scan them if applicable.
- Copy of your high school diploma, GED, or high school equivalency
- Test score(s), if applicable
- College transcript(s), official or unofficial, to provide proof of exemption from TSI
- Information session completion certificate
- Download, print & fill out the application when it is available.
- Email your completed application & supporting documents to TR.HealthCareAdvising@tccd.edu.
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for Pharmacy Technician courses.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Health Care Professions Advisor
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated November 03, 2022