Quick Program Facts
- Occupational Skills Award: 232–312 certificate hours
- Without clinical: 232 certificate hours
- With clinical: 312 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 6
- Accreditation: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized Education/Training Program™
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
You will learn the fundamentals of community pharmacy technician principles and procedures.
The clinical phase will give you hands-on experience in area pharmacies.
After Finishing Our Program
If you are interested in taking the certification exam, visit The Texas State Board of Pharmacy for information about the exam and testing sites.
- High school diploma or GED
- Passing score on The Adult Basic Education (TABE) test, if applicable
- Compliance with Texas State Board of Pharmacy regulations
Check course availability
- Go to MyTCCTrack: Search for Courses & Course Sections—Advanced Search.
- Under Term, select a Continuing Education (CE) Term.
- Example: CE Qtr 3 2021 Mar-May
- Under Academic Level, choose Continuing Education.
- Select Search.
- Use the Filter Results menu to help you narrow your search:
- Under Availability, choose Open Sections Only to find classes that aren't full.
- Under Subject, choose a subject to further filter the results.
- Start of application process: October 4, 2021
- Application deadline: December 3, 2021
- First class: January 10, 2022
How to Apply
- Review the Information Session Presentation Slides (PDF)Listen.
- Submit your certification of completion form with your application.
- Gather the required supporting documents & scan them if applicable.
- Copy of your high school diploma, GED, or high school equivalency
- Test score(s), if applicable
- College transcript(s), official or unofficial, to provide proof of exemption from TSI
- Information session completion certificate
- Download, print & fill out the application.
- Email your completed application & supporting documents to TR.HealthCareAdvising@tccd.edu.
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for Pharmacy Technician courses.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated October 01, 2021