Quick Program Facts
- Occupational Skills Award: 232–311 certificate hours
- Without clinical: 232 certificate hours
- With clinical: 312 certificate hours
- Number of courses: 6
- Accreditation: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized Education/Training Program™
- Financial aid: Tuition Assistance
- Campus: Trinity River
You will learn the fundamentals of community pharmacy technician principles and procedures.
The clinical phase will give you hands-on experience in area pharmacies.
After Finishing Our Program
If you are interested in taking the certification exam, visit The Texas State Board of Pharmacy for information about the exam and testing sites.
- High school diploma or GED
- Passing score on The Adult Basic Education (TABE) test, if applicable
- Compliance with Texas State Board of Pharmacy regulations
Check course availability
Go to Course Sections Offered by Term in WebAdvisor and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
- Review the Information Session Presentation Slides (PDF)Listen.
- Submit your certification of completion form.
- Gather the required supporting documents and scan them if applicable.
- Copy of your high school diploma, GED, or high school equivalency
- Copy of Social Security card
- Submit a photo ID that matches first and last name on Social Security card
- College transcript(s), official or unofficial, to provide proof of exemption from TSI
- Download, print, and fill out the application.
- Application will be available March 23, 2021.
- Online classes will begin in May 2021.
- Email your completed application & supporting documents to TR.HealthCareAdvising@tccd.edu.
- Register for class.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions Advising
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated December 07, 2020