TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded program created more than 50 years ago to help students who are first generation, low-income, or students who have a documented disability successfully earn a college certificate and/or degree.
Tarrant County College has had a TRIO SSS program at the South Campus since 1997 that serves 170 students. In 2020, the Trinity River Campus received a grant to serve 140 students in their TRIO SSS program.
How TRIO SSS Helps You
When you join TRIO SSS, you have access to a range of free services and opportunities in addition to services available to all our TCC students:
- Academic and career advising
- Transfer programming including search and application assistance, visits to 4-year institutions and scholarship search and applicant assistance
- Academic success supports including tutoring, a computer lab and a TRIO SSS Learning Lab
- Financial aid and FAFSA completion assistance, as well as financial literacy development
- Career development and job readiness opportunities
- Cultural enrichment activities, and various campus programs and events
Join TRIO SSS
By participating in TRIO SSS, you make a commitment to:
- engage in holistic, on-going advising and other success services,
- use academic supports including tutoring and academic success tools, and
- focus on your educational plans, career development and financial literacy.
Get started with TRIO SSS by learning about:
Refer a Student
If you are a student, TCC employee or community member who knows a student who you think would benefit from participating in TRIO SSS, please complete the TRIO SSS referral form so we can reach out!
For questions, contact our TRIO SSS offices.
Updated January 08, 2021