TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded program created to help students who are first generation, low-income, or disabled.
Purpose of TRIO SSS
The Student Support Services program is designed to:
- Help you stay in school and graduate
- Help you succeed in your studies so you can continue your education in 4-year schools
- Create a school climate that supports your success if you:
- Are limited in your English skills
- Are from a group that is traditionally underrepresented in high school and college
- Have disabilities
- Are homeless, in foster care or are otherwise disconnected
- Improve your financial and economic knowledge in areas such as:
- Basic personal income
- Household money management
- Financial planning skills
- Basic economic decision-making skills
How TRIO SSS Supports You
TRIO SSS provides these services free of charge:
- TSI Assessment preparation
- Academic advisement
- Transfer advisement
- Degree planning
- Financial literacy training
- Tutorial services
- Help with completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Help with scholarship searches and completing scholarship paperwork
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Eligibility: Find out if you meet the eligibility requirements for the TRIO SSS program.
- Financial documentation: Submit financial documentation with your application to ensure you meet eligibility requirements.
- Apply to the TRIO SSS program: Follow our steps to apply for the TRIO SSS program.
TRIO Student Support services are available remotely.
TRIO Program Office
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Updated August 04, 2020